ChargeBee, founded in 2011, is a Chennai-based Saas startup that helps companies manage their subscription billings for small and emerging eCommerce businesses. With a host of features such as flexibility to change pricing, offering discounts and run promotions without the need to hire a developer makes this a great for startups looking for automation in subscription billing. In terms of pricing, ChargeBee offers two payment plans for businesses to either pay a fixed monthly subscription or a charge per transaction.
The payment plan adjusts for startups that need automation of recurring billing operations apart from payment processing. ChargeBee automates most of the back-end operations through optimizing or automating the workflow for invoice generation, payments collection and follow-ups including discount management for sales and marketing teams. All this is delivered as an SaaS platform delivered on the cloud.
Over 98% of ChargeBee clientele base are outside of India, as most of them are SaaS and eCommerce businesses. They have plans to expand in the U.S., U.K. and Australia.
- Company: ChargeBee
- Started: 2011
- HQ: Chennai
- Linkedin Employee Count: 44
- Co-founders: Krish Subramanian (CEO), KP Saravanan (CTO), Thiyagarajan T (Sr. Architect), Rajaraman Santhanam (Product Manager)
- Automated Subscription Billing Service, SaaS
- PCI Level 1 Compliant
- RESTful APIs
- Billing & Invoicing: Track unpaid invoices, send mobile responsive invoices, and add detailed invoice notes and P.O. numbers
- Payments: Management Dashboard, hosted or in-app checkout, Coupon Discounts
- Multiple Gateway Support
- SaaS Metrics Reports