Switch Automation, founded in 2012, is an Internet of Things for Buildings (BIoT) provider of automation and smart building solutions for commercial buildings, property portfolios, apartments and homes. They initially started as an energy monitoring device for apartments in Australia but eventually decided to scale to the cloud to involve commercial green properties.
Switch Automation features a cloud-based, on-demand Intelligent Building Platform featuring data aggregation to portfolio analytics, fault detection to environmental monitoring, logic alerts and controls. Their end-to-end software assists property owners with finding the most efficient building operations to minimise utility and maintenance costs, lower total cost of ownership and report on their operational performance, greenhouse gas emissions and green building ratings. Switch Automation’s technology integrates a wide range of sensors, field controllers and edge devices, such as smart meters, building management systems and renewable power sources, and provides local environmental information from weather stations and RSS feeds as operational and analytics data.
- Company: Switch Automation
- Started: 2012
- HQ: Sydney
- Linkedin Employee Count: 24
- Co-founders: John Darlington (CTO), Deb Noller (CEO)
- Product: IOT, Saas
- Real time energy and operational data analytics
- 3rd Party Data Import from weather feeds and organizational data for accounting, transportation, waste, water and paper consumption
- Portfolio Operations
- Connected Access on any IoT device
- Energy Efficiency Reporting
- Occupant engagement